We are just two weeks away from Christmas and I have a few suggestions that might get you out of trouble If you’re a little behind on your Christmas shopping, most are especially made in Vallarta.
1. A box of assorted chocolates from Xocodiva, perfect for everyone with a sweet tooth. Xocodiva offers more than forty varieties of artisan sweet delicacies, from molded chile chocolates to hand-crafted tequila truffles. Stop by the beautiful shop on Basilio Badillo 168, in the Romantic Zone and get some sweet gifts for your loved ones.
2. Wish Maker Hearts by artist Patricia Gawle, beautiful pieces made of clay with inspiring words on their exterior, each heart holds three wishes in the form of ceramic beads that the artist encloses before sealing. The receiver can shake his gift and use his wishes with care!
3. Doña Flores hand made salsas, this gift is a hit among foodies. Chef Miriam Flores is the master behind these gourmet salsas, you can choose from hot habanero, tomatillo, chilli caramel or BBQ among other flavors. Their products are sold in La Luna restaurant and every Saturday at the Old Town Farmer’s Market, also check out the mango chutney it’s pure yumminess.
4. Frida T-shirt from Niña Catrina Mexico Inspired Design Studio by Ana Peña, in the words of owner/designer Ana the pieces you’ll find at Niña Catrina are “one of a kind, inspired by Mexico’s vibrant colors and milenary traditions with a twist”. The studio is located in the Arte Galerias – Plaza of Shops on Avenida de las Redes, Punta de Mita.
5. A bottle of whiskey from Los 2 Compadres distillery, produce in Boca de Tomatlán Mexico, from a native variety of corn organically grown in the Puerto Vallarta area and aged in french oak casks. The distillery owners are a lovely retired couple that decided to continue the family tradition of making whiskey, this time in beautiful Vallarta.
6. Give a luxurious spa experience to a family member or best friend with a Remedè Spa gift certificate, located at the exclusive St. Regis Punta Mita resort with 10,000 square-foot space dedicated to the relaxation and revitalization of the body and spirit. My favorite treatment is the Chocolate “Iyari” Wrap, it gently exfoliates the skin and improves the elasticity of the dermis, leaving you with deeply nourished and glowing skin.
7. A jar of home made preserve from Mamma Jamma Jams, made by Sandra Ituarte and sold at the Old Town Farmer’s Market. The variety of flavors range from hot pepper, three berries, pear & ginger or the traditional strawberry.
8. A spa basket with the wonderful products of Banderas Soap Blends, handcrafted natural soaps, shower gels, lotions, body butters and scrubs made with tropical oils, pure essential oils and botanicals from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and beyond. I specially recommend the Fight the Bite butter, a mix of coconut oil, vanilla and lemon grass that also works as a mosquito repellent.
9.- A unique piece of art from Color Pod, artist Kathryn Graves recycles coconut pods and creates sophisticated art pieces that are one of a kind. An excellent choice for the art and nature lovers, Color Pod studio is located on Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez No. 183-B, downtown PV.
Hope you like this ideas and that all of you’re as excited as I am to spend this holiday season with family and friends.